Review #40 - Kilchoman Sherry Cask 46%

From somewhere in the distant past, in the lost year of reviews (as I got divorced, was between homes in a way, and reddit cracked down on all kinds of things. So this one got tucked away in my notes) comes a Kilchoman sample!




Nose: Warm peat, toasted almond, stewed fruit, grainy malt, metallic copper.

Palate: Sweet sherry, warm mineral dirt, bright metal, toasty grain, fresh clean ash.

Finish: Sweet fruity sherry and metallic notes fade to grainy malt sweetness and light spicy cardamom and nutmeg.

Verdict: This is very nice. Well balanced. The warmer, somehow cleaner peat of Kilchoman plays really nicely with the amount of sherry flavor they've added with this cask. Peat and Sherry play well together, but this may be the nicest peated sherry dram I've had to date.

Would I buy this: I would, as long as it weren't crazy expensive!

Would I order this in a bar: Yes, it'd be fantastic to sip this before a steak dinner.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: For certain, yes.

Rating: ★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat