Review #51 - Stagg Jr. Batch #9


Nose: Light brown sugar, saddle leather, caramel, hu hong mao feng tea, dried orange peel.

Palate: Caramel, oak, a bit of burnt cherry, black pepper. It's hot, I'm really feeling the prrof on this one.

Finish: Long. Pepper, caramel, dark chocolate, burnt sugar.

Verdict: This is overall quite good. It's hot, but the depth of flavor is so big. I wish it had a little less burnt and tannic flavors and a little more sweet to balance it all out, but I like this.

Would I buy this: I still feel Stagg Jr. and ECBP are the best values in bourbon around. I absolutely would.

Would I order this in a bar: Yes, definitely. A nice long sipper at the bar.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Absolutely! But slowly.

Rating: ★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat