Review #54 - Old Ezra 7 Year Old Barrel proof




Thanks to my friend Steve for this sample!

Nose: Vanilla, Caramel, brown sugar, oak, a hint of cherry.

Palate: Quite rich mouthfeel. Thick caramel, nutmeg, allspice, toasted oak, dark cherries.

Finish: Long. Baking spice and caramel dipped cherries throughout. A bit of bitter oak and vanilla show themselves just for a moment at the end. It's quite nice.

Verdict: Tasty stuff. It's like someone put ECBP in a mixer and played with the dials. It's the exact same flavor set, just certain things are stronger, and other things are weaker. No surprise given that it's sourced by Luxco from Heaven Hill.

Would I buy this: At retail, I would. This is quite good for the price. It's up there with your Stagg Jr. and Elijah Craig Barrel proof. A little younger, and honestly that's not a bad thing. It might be a little more balanced for it.

Would I order this in a bar: I would! It's tasty.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: I did, and I would! Thanks Steve!

Rating: ★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat