Review #60 - Chateau Pellehaut Age de Glace Armagnac



Nose: Bruised apple, overripe grapes, vanilla, old wood, violets

Palate: Thin on flavor. Sweet windfall fruit, underripe pear, maple syrup, white cardamom, ethanol. The mouthfeel is amazing, thick and viscous, like gelatin in water.

Finish: Tart cherries, bilberries, vanilla, black grape, oak, black tea. Dry on the finish. Short.

Verdict: The mouthfeel is amazing. There's enough going on to make this a decent introduction to armagnac. For the price I'm exceedingly happy with it.

Would I buy this: I would!

Would I order this in a bar: If I wanted armagnac, absolutely.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Most definitely.

Rating: ★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat