Review #69 - Mystery from Jon - Bundaberg Blender's Edition 2015



Nose: Burnt sugar, vanilla, cherry blossom, white rubber, guava, papaya. A little funk here. Palate: Caramel, cassia, passion fruit, and something herbal. It's sharp, like something in the mint family but not quite actually mint. It reminds me of a South American mint I've had, which is like a mix of spearmint and vanilla. Finish: Sweet sugar and that miny herbal something carry on for quite some time. Verdict: Well, it's rum. No idea from where. I like it, it's interesting but still easy to get into. I don't love the herbal finish that much, but it's not terrible. Maybe 45ish% somewhere, not enough wood influence to be very old. 4 or 5 years? I like it a bit overall, but I sure don't love it, and that's the main thing. Would I buy this: I would not! It's just not interesting enough. Would I order this in a bar: Maybe? If there's not much else on offer. Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Sure, but I'd think they were holding back the good stuff.

Rating: ★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat