Review #30 - Laphroaig Cask Strength Batch #07






Thanks again to t8ke for this sample! I awoke feeling like poo this morning, since apparently the stress of the week carried over into my Friday night repose, and my neck is now in knots. So, it's time for something slightly medicinal in nature!

Nose: Yesterday's fireplace, butter and oatmeal, hints of lapsang souchong tea and baking spice.

Palate: Warm earthy smoke, sweet maltiness, a bit of iodine and flaxseed oil, a bit of woody oak, white pepper and spent gunpowder.

Finish: Medium-long. Smoky allspice, vanilla and ash, baked brown sugar apple.

Verdict: This is quite nice for this morning. Warm and strong, a bit sweet and a bit medicinal. I can fully admit I'd give this a higher numerary score if my neck didn't feel like hell.

Would I buy this: Yes, this will be my go-to Laphroaig to keep in the house, most likely. I bought a bottle of QC, but I have to admit I like this more.

Would I order this in a bar: If Laphroaig were what I was looking for, absolutely.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Most definitely. In fact this might be the best cold morning hike scotch, so toss some in a hip flask next time you're headed out to offer to friends you meet along the way.

Rating:★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat