Review #34 - Knob Creek Single Barrel



Another blind sample!

CalZeta sent me 4 blind samples as part of a contest. I had the entire week off, so I planned to post one for each day Tuesday through Friday. Instead I sampled them those days, then ran all the heck over getting things done and taking people to appointments. But that's okay! Thanks again CalZeta, you kicked off my vacation days. There was whiskey in the morning! This was sample #2.

Nose: Caramel. Stone fruit, plummy. A lot of corn. It seems fairly simple.

Palate: Simplicity continues on the palate. Oak, caramel, corn seetness, faint baking spices. It's very well balanced. I like this quite a bit.

Finish: Pretty long. It's sweet and faintly spicy, with some oak lingering.

Verdict: I got the last one so wrong, I'm almost afraid to guess. The proof didn't seem especially high, right around 100. It's Bourbon. I'll guess maybe something from Beam?

Would I buy this: Maybe? It's not complex, but it's pretty darn good.

Would I order this in a bar: I would. It's nicely bourbon-y.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Oh yes.

Rating: ★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat