Review #41 - Kilchoman 100% Islay 1st Edition

Another from the vaults of lost history! Here I bring you a Kilchoman 1st edition 100% Islay review. Bottled at 50%.

Man, I didn't even let the bubbles settle before I pulled out the camera.


Nose: Bright clean ash, light smoke, lemon, nectarines, fresh milled pale malt, new straw, vanilla.

Palate: Light peat smoke, vanilla, fresh baked shortbread, nutmeg, butterscotch, clover honey.

Finish: Sweet wood smoke, vanilla, oak, brown sugar, nutmeg.

Verdict: Wow, this was something! Delicious and balanced between the heavy smoke of Islay and clean floral and malt notes, with a good sweet backbone. I like this very much. I need to get my hands on more Kilchoman samples.

Would I buy this: I would! I may seek out this year's 100% Islay bottling.

Would I order this in a bar: Absolutely.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: For certain, yes, and thank you!

Rating: ★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat