Review #43 - Stagg Jr. Batch #3 (132.1 proof)



Nose: Caramel, cherry, vanilla, cream soda, fresh cut beech wood, red plums.

Palate: Vanilla, huge allspice and cinnamon, raisin, cherry, oak.

Finish: Long. Very long. Sweet cinnamon, oak, caramel, clove, and a touch of red currant.

Verdict: It's old batch Stagg Jr! This is awfully good stuff. Big and spicy and brash, exactly what I was looking for this evening. It warmed the cockles of my heart. Maybe even the sub cockle area. It's certainly a big dram, and it was as hot as you'd imagine at 132.1, but I took tiny sips all evening and really enjoyed the spicy sweetness.

Would I buy this: I would! Stagg Jr. is a great value with how flavorful it is at MSRP.

Would I order this in a bar: If I wanted something this bold, I absolutely would. It takes a while to drink, though, so I'd need to plan to be there a while.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Yes, as long as they were good company!

Rating: ★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat