Review #44 - High West A Midwinter Night's Dram Act 5 Scene 1

It's Christmas Morning you fine people! My child is still fast asleep, since we opened presents last night. I have waffles, bacon, and hot chocolate lined up for breakfast. They're a teenager, so this may be a while. I think it's time for a dram.



Nose: Violets, cinnamon, vanilla, plums, dill, sour cherries

Palate: Brown sugar, plums, vanilla, baking spices, sourdough bread

Finish: Cinnamon, allspice, currants, taffy, toasted grain

Verdict: This is pretty nicely balanced. Not as port forward as Act 4 was, a little more floral. The rye sits up in the front of the palate more on this one. I like it a fair bit. A really nice Christmas pour, good for the cold time of the year.

Would I buy this: I would! I have heard that Act 6 isn't as good, so I'd try that before buying, but Acts 4 and 5 are different but both work picking up in my opinion.

Would I order this in a bar: If I were out around the holidays and they had it, I certainly might.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Yes, and Merry Christmas! Peace on earth to everyone, and abundance to everyone you're with!

Rating: ★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat