Review #53 - Glenfiddich 15


Nose: Old apples, yesterday's oatmeal, orange peel, oxidized sherry.

Palate: Sherry, raisins, old fruitcake, allspice, sweetness.

Finish: Glace fruit, mace, raisins, oak.

Verdict: As I recall from past experience in bars, this dram always seemed like it was slightly off. This tasting bears that out. All the flavors are slightly oxidized seeming, and not just because this is from a sample bottle. I don't know if it's part of their 'solera' process, but it's simply not great. The sherry is quite forward, the malt seems tired and in the background. When the spice comes out to play it almost roars over everything, but only for a second, and then it's gone.

Would I buy this: No.

Would I order this in a bar: Not really. They'd have to have a fairly abysmal selection.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: I would, but just to be polite. iI's not terrible. But it's not great either.

Rating: ★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat