Review #57 - Tobermory 10




Nose: Light grain, butter, toffee, brown sugar, a bit of oak.

Palate: Toasted Barley, brown bread, floral honey, a touch of salt. Hints of dry mineral earth, black pepper, orange peel, and the lightest kiss of something smoky.

Finish: Medium long. White pepper and fresh cut hay.

Verdict: I've had Ledaig before, but realized I'd never had Tobermory, the same distillery's unpeated whisky. Thankfully a friend gave me a mini for Christmas this year, so I made it my Christmas night dram! How tasty! Lots of little subtle notes, they all come together in harmony. I like this, quite a bit.

Would I buy this: I would! There's a lot of nice things going on here. None of them crank the volume up, but they're balanced in a great way.

Would I order this in a bar: Definitely. If I wanted a nicely balanced dram at the bar I could see myself going for this.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Absolutely.

Rating: ★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat