Review #74 - Bunnahabhain Staoisha Heavily Peated 3 Year Milroy





Nose: Lemon zest, light smoke, dry minerality, fresh cream, barley husks.

Palate: Bright barley, light smoke, fresh ash, cut hay, honey, bright sweet apple, moss, ginger.

Finish: Pale wood smoke, sweet fresh barley, light honey, vanilla.

Verdict: This is surprisingly good for 3 year old scotch. It's fresh and bright, light and malty and smoky and vibrant. There's not a ton of complexity, but it's a fun dram!

Would I buy this: Especially given the price, I absolutely would.

Would I order this in a bar: Yes! Great value for a nice little smoky pour.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Most definitely.

Rating: ★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat