Review #77 - Smooth Ambler Contradiction


 

Nose: Sweet wheat, vanilla, baking spices, oak, caramel. A little popcorn. 

Palate: Sweetness balanced with dry tannic oak. Spicy and a little herbal. Vanilla and slightly over baked molasses cookies.

Finish: Long and dry. Woody. A little clove. The finish is a big letdown.

Not terrible, but not great. I'd much rather have Wild Turkey 101, and this costs more than twice that. The nose was the best part, the finish the worst, and the palate was middle of the road, leaning downwards. 

Would I buy this: I would not.

Would I order this in a bar: Can I see the menu again?

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: I would, so we could discuss how sad it makes us.

Verdict: Thumbs down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat