Review #79 - Brenne French Whiskey

 


Blind again, from Santa Pent0x.

Nose: Banana. Bubblegum. Warm yeast. A little Clove. This screams young to me. 

Palate: Wow, that's thin and very soft. Sweet, a little malty. Hints of banana, and some malty breadiness. Astringent wood, and cotton candy. A little tropical fruit for a moment. 

Finish: Fruit cocktail and hints of cinnamon. Sweet but somehow not, like the tannic nature is just in balance. 

There's not a ton going on here. This is malt to me, there's too many malt notes for it to be rum. And it comes across with a lot of bright uncharted new oak flavours. It also screams youth, and the body is very strange. 

My guess: 40% ish, American craft malt aged in virgin oak (French?) and then finished in rum casks for half a year, maybe? Young, 4 to 6 years.

Would I buy this: That's a no.

Would I order this in a bar: Also nope.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Maybe? Do I like them? honestly it's not that bad, but I don't really care for it.

Verdict: Thumbs down. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat