Review #81 - Four Pillars Navy Strength Gin

 


Nose-- Citrus, a little earth. A hint of brine. Fresh and sharp. Clean and a little medicinal.

Palate - Fruity for a split second. Strangely sweet, then hot/sharp. Quite clean. Less juniper than expected. 

Finish - The juniper stands tall here. Long, piney, a little brine, but clean. Like salt on sea rocks. 

Cocktail - Classic gin sour

Final thoughts: Not bad at all. Okay on its own but a little off balance. That lends itself well to the cocktail world though, and it's delightful in this gin sour.

Would I buy this: I would, this would be a great shelf staple gin.

Would I order this in a bar: In a cocktail, absolutely.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Again, in a cocktail, yes. On a rock, maybe. Neat, this would not be my gin of choice. Yes, I like neat gin.

Verdict: Thumbs up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat