Review #82 - Four Pillars Dry and Rare Gin

 


Nose-- Citrus, juniper, a touch of earth and herbaceous greenery. Clean and a little medicinal.

Palate - Earthy, a little mineral. Sweet in the middle. Finishes dry and the juniper is strongest just at the end.

Finish - Juniper. mineral. Dry limestone and hints of sweet lemon.

Cocktail - Gin and Tea. 1.5 oz gin, 2 oz strong cold lady grey tea, .25 oz simple, twist of lemon. Stirred, of course.

Final Thoughts: More balanced than the Navy Strength, but I miss the extra proof here. Works well in this cocktail though, 

Would I buy this: Possibly? I'd be on the fence between this and the Navy Strength.

Would I order this in a bar: Given the right cocktail application, fo' sho.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: I would. Neat I prefer this to the Navy Strength.

Verdict: Thumbs up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat