Review #86 - Opihr Gin

 


Another where I can't locate the photo I recall taking. But my notes say this is the Gin and Tonic I made with it.

Nose: Coriander, lemon and orange, pink peppercorn, and a little juniper. 

Palate: Coriander, orange, juniper, cardamom, cumin, black pepper, curry leaf.  

Finish: Light and short. Orange, a little juniper, black pepper. 

Final Thoughts: The spiciness is really great in this. It's not as juniper forward as some, but there's plenty there. It seems exotic with the spices and the botanical mix overall. It's fun neat, and superb in this cocktail. Next time though I won't use mint as my garnish. 

Would I buy this: I would! I like this gin.

Would I order this in a bar: Definitely

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Oh again, definitely.

Verdict: Thumbs up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat