Review #39 - Bushmills 10 Year Old Malt

Originally posted St. Patrick's Day 2016, on Reddit:

Happy Saint Padraig's Day everyone! I decided to start the day with a bit of Irish, and Bushmill's 10 year seemed a fitting place to do so.













Nose: Fresh cut apple, warm cereal grain, banana peel.

Palate: Fruity cereal, cantaloupe, chocolate pudding. Very light, it dances on the tongue.

Finish: Floral, but very gently floral. Smoothly tannic. It's a light finish, but that's in harmony with the light body of the whole dram.

Verdict: Very much rounds out what Irish whiskey is to me. Light, fruity, a touch floral, and enough tannins to balance it out. There's not a ton of complexity to it, and to me that's never been what Irish whiskey is about. Easy to drink, easy to share. Slainte!

Would I buy this: Yes. I usually have this or Black Bush on the shelf.

Would I order this in a bar: Yes. Where's the craic?

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: For certain, yes.

Rating: ★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat