Review #62 - New Riff Bottled in Bond


Nose: Acetone, vanilla, baking spices, slightly herbal, a hint of Virginia tobacco and leather.

Palate: Cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla mint. A little bit of peanuts and popcorn with caramel. Surprisingly light on the palate.

Finish: Medium. Lots of baking spice. A little mint again. Some pepper. There's something just acidic in the finish.

Verdict: It's certainly not bad stuff. Pretty middle of the road bourbon, not a ton of complex things here but not much for flaws either. I'd solidly put this at 2/5 stars, same spot I put things like Evan Williams BiB and Jim Beam BiB.

Would I buy this: At the price they're charging? No. It should be half that.

Would I order this in a bar: If they had no other BiB Bourbon? Otherwise

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Sure! There's nothing especially bad about it at all.

Rating: ★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat