Review #49 - Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch #11


Nose: Cinnamon, toffee, vanilla, oak, brown sugar, cherry, toasted nuts

Palate: Vanilla, hot cherries, big oak, brown sugar, baking spice, leather.

Finish: Long. Rounded wood, baking spices, caramel. The heat lingers, in a good way.

Verdict: This is just plain delicious. Comes together nicely, all the bourbon flavors cavorting together in a spritely jig. A good Elijah Craig Barrel Proof is always something I enjoy, and this is one of the good ones.

Would I buy this: Absolutely. I still feel ECBP is one of the better values in Bourbon, and this one is quite good.

Would I order this in a bar: Yes. Absolutely.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: For certain!

Rating: ★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat