Review #65 - Glendronach 18 Allardice


Nose: Figs and dates. Bovril. Hazelnuts. Cocoa. Light molasses.

Palate: Christmas cake. Rum. Milk chocolate. Allspice.

Finish: Medium in length. Blackcurrants. Clotted Cream. Resinous wood. Black tea. Cocoa powder.

Verdict: Pretty complex. All the sherry notes are there, but it's balanced by wood and the malt as well. A fantastic dram. I wish it had just a little something more going on.

Would I buy this: I would! I wish it were a bit cheaper here in the US, though.

Would I order this in a bar: Definitely, if I wanted a nice sherried dram.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Please, and thank you!

Rating: ★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat