Review #75 - Scapa Skiren



Nose: Warm honey. Clotted cream. Ripe pear, bitter orange peel, apple, a little fennel seed.

Palate: The honey sweetness continues. Fresh crushed malt, sweet cream, pear, dried orange, lemon, a little pineapple. Hints of oak and vanilla.

Finish: Medium. Sweet oak and a dusting of cinnamon.

Verdict: It's a fine whiskey. But it's not a great one. Comparing this to the 16 year, though, this falls far, far short of it. The 16 was my favorite warm summer day scotch. This is...boring.

Would I buy this: At the price they want for it, not a chance.

Would I order this in a bar: Probably not.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Sure! It's certainly not bad. It's just not memorable or exciting in any way.

Rating:★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat