Review #77 - Glenlivet 2007 First Fill Sherry 12 year old K&L exclusive


 

Nose - Sour cherries, raspberries, almonds, slightly metallic, figs, Virginia pipe tobacco

Palate - Raisin, toffee, honey, sage, almond, nougat, nutmeg, bitter lemon, 

Finish - Black pepper, honey, sharp and a bit thin. 

It seems a bit hot and brash for what it is, even with a bit of water. There's a lot going on that just doesn't quite gel.

Would I buy this: If it were under 60 a bottle, and I doubt it was even then, maybe.

Would I order this in a bar: Probably not.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: I would! It's not a bad scotch. It's just not my jam. 

Final notes: For me the K&L exclusives are very hit or miss. They're always super interesting and tend to have a lot going on, they're just not always to my taste. Such is the case here.

Verdict: Thumbs Down. Not for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat