Review #78 - Daniel Boujo XO Emperor


From Santa Pent0x, blind. 

Nose: Baking spices. Clove, cinnamon, allspice. Vanilla. A little fruit, like plums. Is it armagnac, maybe? The nose is a little more subtle than I expected given the colour. 

Palate: Woody, fruity, delicious. Prunes, nutmeg, vanilla, a little oak. 

Finish: Slow and round. Sweet vanilla, raisin, allspice, black currants. 

This is super well balanced, fruit and wood really amazingly integrated. Not super complex in flavours, but the depth in the few things it has is there, and very very well done. 

I'm guessing Armagnac, 40%, 10 to 15 years old. And tasty, tasty, tasty. 

Would I buy this: Depending on price, most definitely.

Would I order this in a bar: I would, and I would think it was a classy joint for having it.

Would I drink this if someone gave me a glass: Oh yes, very yes.

Verdict: Thumbs up. Thanks Santa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Reviews

Review #12 - Ballindaloch Straight from the Cask (is a Lie)

Review #64 - Son of a Peat